Writing articles is one of the most effective ways to help us spread the word about coaching, introduce yourself to potential clients and differentiate yourself from other coaches.
When considering what to write, try to keep the following points in mind:
- Many individuals reading your article may not be familiar with coaching.
Therefore, write about common pain points or frustrations that people may be experiencing and gently plant a seed that coaching may be something they could benefit from. For example, a title may be “Struggling with Debt?” and discuss some causes of people falling into either personal or business related debt and then mention how there are both business and life coaches who specialize in just these topics.
- One thing I would recommend is to write amazing high value content. Their best content.
- I'd suggest it would be best to write high value content articles that solve an immediate problem rather than an advertisement for their coaching throughout the body of the article. This content will have low bounce rate (the time people spend on the page) as well as increase share-ability.
- The content needs to be original content to avoid Google penalties and harm your efforts.
- It may seem like a bad idea and you may have a reluctance to put your best content on a website that you don't own, but through the power of leveraging a high traffic authority site like ours, you gain much more exposure than if you are to publish on your own blog where you are the only one driving it's growth.
- You'll be able to rank in Google for more competitive phrases and therefore get more visitors to read it and then resulting in more visits to your directory profile and potentially more leads.
- Write about something that really highlights your expertise and is something you enjoy helping clients with.
- Really help the reader get a sense of your personality and style – let your article be a potential introduction to your readers
- At the end of the article, feel free to reference clear benefits clients would get from working with you or another coach
Minimum TCC Requirements:
- TCC requires that submitted articles be at least 750 words in length (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to submit a significantly longer article, 2000+ words)
- Any article submitted to TCC must be original content. By original we mean that is does not exist in exactly the same form anywhere on the web.
- Any article submitted to TCC must be free of any copyright infringements of any kind.